Before you travel, check the current passport requirements and restrictions for the countries you intend to visit.
Pat Mullaly, SafeTravel
Recent world events have a major impact on travellers.
Important Changes to the Schengen Borders Agreement Will Impact U.S. Tourists and Business Travellers Alike
Summary: Recent terrorist attacks in Paris which killed 130 people have caused the European Commission to consider a major amendment to the Schengen Borders Agreement which allows for passport free movement across borders by citizens of the signatory countries.
Background: In 1985, the town of Schengen in Luxembourg was the site for the signing of the Schengen Borders Agreement. The purpose was to facilitate the movement of citizens of Europe to move freely across each other’s borders. Initially only seven countries signed the agreement but by 2007 all but six of the 28 EU member states had joined. Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland, Romania and the UK are outside the Schengen zone.
From the BBC World News website:
In December the European Commission proposed a major amendment to Schengen, expected to become law soon.
Most non-EU travellers have their details checked against police databases at the EU’s external borders. The main change is that the rule will apply to EU citizens as well, who until now had been exempt.
Non-EU nationals who have a Schengen visa generally do not have ID checks once they are travelling inside the zone. But since the Paris atrocity those checks have become more common.
What does this mean for U.S. Travellers? It is more important than ever to know the current rules and requirements for each country you will be visiting. Check the Schengen Fact Sheet at the U.S. Passports & International Travel website for the most recent information.
It’s more important now than ever before to keep your valuable identity documents safe while you travel.
The Safe Travel Money Belt, which is currently available for a limited discounted price, uses modern technology to protect travellers against electronic fraud. The RFID lining provides a perfect security solution that protects credit and debit cards from being cloned and stops unauthorized money transfers. The RFID blocking technology can stop people from becoming innocent victims.
The Safe Travel Money Belt is light and comfortable to wear. It has plenty of room to store credit and debit cards, passport, money and other important documents that need protection. It also has room to carry a phone and keys, giving a person the perfect way to carry important items. As well as being a vital accessory while on vacation, it also allows people who enjoy sports and other leisure activities to keep their valuables upon their person.
- TRAVEL SAFE AND SECURE – Keep money, credit cards and valuable travel documents safe and secure and hidden out of sight of would be thieves. Two generous pockets hold all vital documents, money and credit cards as well as keys, boarding passes, and a simple first aid kit-anything a traveller needs to keep safe and secure.
- RFID BLOCKER MONEY BELT – The special RFID (Radio Frequency Shielding Material) lining reduces the chance of a tourist becoming the victim of electronic pickpocketing.
- PACK POCKET COMFORTABLE TO WEAR – Light and comfortable to wear beneath clothing, stylish enough to wear on top. Adjustable strap easily fits up to 55-inch waistline.
- A GREAT GIFT – For both men and women. A great gift for friends and family who travel. Great for all outdoor activities and sports as well.
- SPECIAL BONUS TRAVEL TIPS BOOK – TRAVEL IN STYLE – packed with secrets to help any air traveler get the best deals and upgrades.